Another super-simple recipe, the only way you can screw this up is to leave it in super-long or to forget the water.
- 1 - 2 LB Chicken Breasts
- Jar of Salsa
- Bag of Spice Mix (Fajita or Chicken Taco)
- 1/3 of a Cup of Water
- Let chicken thaw partially overnight, when you put it in the pot chicken should still be a bit frozen
- Trim gristle or excess fat off the chicken breasts, much easier to do when its not fully thawed.
- Throw in crockpot and pour in 1/3 of a cup of water
- Dust everything with the spice packet
- Throw in all the salsa, I used a mix of a half a jar and some leftovers from a restaurant.
- Turn Crock Pot on high for 5 hours
- Shred chicken with a fork, there should be water inside, when you shred the chicken it will absorb whatever water is left in the crockpot.
- Serve with whatever you like, hardshell, burrito, or nachos. Personally I like to use corn tortillas or just throw it in a bowl with some more salsa, cheese, and crushed tortilla chips.
- skennedy2112 likes this
- outcastself likes this
- desajustarse likes this
- corners-inthe-dark likes this
- blackng0ldn likes this
- cptpeggy reblogged this from caffeinatedcrafting
- blackened-skin reblogged this from caffeinatedcrafting
- loodletooboodleroodlesoodle likes this
- rosespirit reblogged this from caffeinatedcrafting
- epicdove likes this
- rosespirit likes this
- caffeinatedcrafting posted this